Friday, October 3, 2014

Buttermilk Syrup

As I've mentioned before, I am not the biggest fan of maple syrup.

In fact, I don't particularly care for maple flavored things of any kind.  Clearly my distant Canadian roots did not rub off in that area.

The first time I tried buttermilk syrup, I liked it about as much as I like maple syrup.

Yep, that's right.  I didn't.

I don't know if it was the recipe used, or what, but I just did not care for it at all.

But Bruce likes buttermilk syrup, so I decided I would make some to go along with the Pumpkin Pie French Toast I made for dinner tonight.  Yeah, we eat breakfast for dinner.  A fair amount.

And when I tasted it, I was in love.

It was smooth, it was sweet, it was HEAVEN!  I'm pretty sure they must serve buttermilk syrup over everything in heaven, I just can't imagine why they wouldn't.


Buttermilk Syrup

Ingredients:

1/2 c. butter
1/2 c. buttermilk
3/4 c. sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla

Directions:

In a medium sauce pan (yes, medium, it will froth up and make a big mess if you use a small one) melt butter over medium heat.  Add buttermilk and sugar, and stir until the sugar has completely dissolved.

Remove from heat.  Add baking soda and vanilla.  Now is when it will froth up and get all sorts of delicious!

Pour it over pancakes, waffles, French toast, biscuits, you name it!















Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment