Saturday, September 6, 2014

Slow Cooker Applesauce

Applesauce is one of those foods that I could probably eat every single day and not get sick of it.

However, in an effort to not become a ginormous, applesauce-sodden mass of an individual, I don't buy it very often.  But I'm also trying to come up with some fun recipes involving apples this fall, and I'll be using applesauce in some of them, so what better way to break into apple season, than by making homemade applesauce?

This recipe is super easy, I mean, it's made in your crock pot, and things don't get much easier than that!


Slow Cooker Applesauce

Ingredients:

3 lbs apples (8-9 large apples) I used a combination of Gala and Fugi
1 1/2 c. water
3 cinnamon sticks

Directions:

Core and slice your apples into chunks and place in crock pot.  Add water and cinnamon sticks.  Cover with lid and cook on high for 3 hours or low for 5.  Remove cinnamon sticks and use an immersion blender to make the apples smooth and delightfully saucy.

Store in a closed container in the refrigerator.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment