Thursday, September 4, 2014

Mexican Chocolate Cookies

I love adding cinnamon to things.

I add it to chili, hot chocolate, cookies, cakes, basically anywhere I can get away with it! I also love some spice, I often add a dash of chipotle chili powder to soups, meats, and burritos.

So of course, I love Mexican hot chocolate.  So I set out to put that delectably sweet and spicy combo into a soft, yet crunchy cookie.


Mexican Chocolate Cookies

Ingredients:

1 c. unsalted butter (room temperature)
3/4 c. sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. light corn syrup
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 c. flour
3/4 c. cocoa
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 - 1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder
2/3 c. cinnamon baking chips

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375.  Line baking sheets with silpat mats (or parchment paper).

Beat butter and sugars together until fluffy.  Add corn syrup, egg, and vanilla and mix thoroughly. 

In a separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, and chili powder. Add to the wet ingredients until thoroughly combined. Stir in baking chips.

Roll into tablespoon size balls and roll in white sugar.  Place on prepared baking sheet.

Bake for 10 minutes.

Delicioso!

P.S. I will attempt a foray into Caramel Stuffed Mexican Chocolate Cookies at a later date...stay tuned!

P.P.S.  That plate is one of my favorites, it's a platter actually, and it was given to be by my best friend, Kelly, a number of years ago.  I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment