Sunday, September 14, 2014

Apple Cider Syrup

I am not a big fan of maple syrup.

I do, however, absolutely adore fruit flavored syrups.  I think they are incredible.  I mean, really, it's like pourable jam, what's not to love?!

I have been making this Apple Cider Syrup for years, and it is by far my favorite syrup.

I would probably even pour this over ice cream if I ever bought or made ice cream (but I rarely do), it is sweet and spicy, and just plain heavenly!

I love to pair it with my pumpkin waffles though.


Apple Cider Syrup

Ingredients:

1/2 c. sugar
1 Tbs cornstarch
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cloves
1 c. apple cider (regular apple juice works too)
1 Tbs lemon juice
2 Tbs butter

Directions:

Mix sugar, cornstarch, and spices in a small saucepan.  Add cider and lemon juice and cook over medium-high heat until it begins to boil and thicken.  Once thick, remove from heat and stir in the butter until melted.

Store in the refrigerator.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment